1. Station 22 Cafe // if you love good ol' homemade american food, this is the place for you! It's got a total hipster vibe (typical of Provo) and the food is two thumbs up. It's located on center street so you can check in and while you're waiting for a table and then wander the cool little shops that surround it. Our favorite meals are the grown up mac and cheese, spinach artichoke dip, and the chicken and waffles.
2. Sam Hawk // here's to Korean food forever being our fave! This has more of the traditional Korean feel. It's a sit down restaurant but it's exceptionally busy on weekends, so we'd suggest going on a weekday night. Korean food isn't as scary as you may think it is, we promise. Our favorite dishes to get are the pork bulgogi, bibimbap, kimchi pajeon, and dukkbokki.
3. Nicolitalia Pizzeria // these guys, hands down, make some of the most delicious pizzas you can find in Utah Valley. They'll convert you to their ways, we promise. Our favorite pizza we've tried so far has been the eye of the tiger. Try it!
4. Koko's Lunchbox // if you want food quickly but you want something absolutely delectable and 100% filling, this is your place! It's yet another Korean restaurant, but it's definitely one of our favorites. The owner of the place is the cutest woman you'll ever meet. Every single one of their dishes is absolutely amazing. You can purchase little Korean drinks there as well (such as milkus-- which isn't disgusting, although it may sound so-- and a mango aloe drink that I love). Our favorite dishes here are the bibimbap and pork box.
5. Street Tacos Don Joaquin // you can eat cow tongue here, if you so desired. But don't worry, it's not mandatory (although Taylor Dale ate a cow tongue burrito and gave it five stars). If you're a fan of tacos and burritos, you've got to give this place a shot! I ate a couple of pork tacos here and it left my belly (and mouth) oh-so-happy. Bonus perk: they stay open into the wee hours of the night, so if you're susceptible to midnight cravings, they've got your back.
So yeah, that's our list for right now! It's always changing because we are always trying and craving new foods. But those five places have been pretty solid for us for the past couple of months. You'll have to try them out and let me know what you think-- if you've already been to one of these places/tried one of them, feel free to leave your own opinion below! (or send me cool recommendations of restaurants you love in Provo!)